Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Welcome, welcome, welcome!

Hello friends!

I am starting this blog in order to relay the happenings, challenges, funny stories, frustrations, and learning that I know is about to take place as I begin my first year of teaching. Just for your information, the school I will be teaching at is a Title I school in a poor, rural area of Tulsa. I will be teaching 4th grade, alongside one other teacher (small school, only 2 teachers per grade level). After completing the Summer Institute of Oklahoma State University Writing Project (OSUWP), I have been encouraged and am excited to write and share about all of the goings-on of my first year of teaching. My goal throughout this process is to do some reflecting on my teaching as well as to gain knowledge from sympathetic readers and their advice. I think it would be such a neat thing to look back after I have (hopefully) survived the first year. I would appreciate lots of feedback and comments from you! Thanks for stopping by! :)

Soon to be from the desk of,
Miss Davis

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see you get this started! I'm looking forward to reading all about your "adventures" at your new school. Best wishes for a wonderful first year...they're lucky to have you:-)

    ReplyDelete